POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Disable splash window : Re: Disable splash window Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:26:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Disable splash window
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 27 Sep 2005 09:45:01
Message: <dhbi4m$8m2$1@chho.imagico.de>
Eduardo Bolis wrote:
> In the Windows version, Can I disable the initial splash window (the same
> showed by "about" option from help menu.) when I Call POV-Ray from another
> program?
> Sorry if it is obvious, but I no find it anywhere.

Well what's obvious is that the only reason you would want to disable
the splash screen is to obscure the fact that POV-Ray is called and this
it both unethical and illegal.

You can of course build a console version of POV-Ray that won't generate
any graphical output.  You can also prevent the splash screen to turn up
*every* time you invoke POV-Ray by using a GUI extension - QuietPOV
shows how this can be done:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.dreampeach.com/QuietPOV

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)